Monday, September 6, 2010

In Which The "Symbolism" is ALMOST too much


Season 2, Episode 21
The Stargazer in the Puddle


Brennan: Do you like your father?
Booth: Love my father.
Brennan: I think I love my father.
Booth: Well, that’s normal.
Brennan (has tears in her eyes): But he ran out on me and Russ. He robbed people. He’s a murderer. He got my mother killed. You know, how does he expect me to...?
Booth: It’s hard to trust someone who’s abandoned you. Especially a parent.
Brennan: Am I...Am I terrible for not...wanting to let myself care about my own father?
Booth: Look, Bones, your father is going to do something tomorrow that’s going to hurt you. How do you forgive that?
Brennan: I’m not a bad daughter? Bad person?
Booth: You’re not a bad anything.


This really doesn't have all that much of an implication on their relationship, except maybe that Bones is trusting Booth more and expressing her feelings more to him, although she's done that mostly to begin with.


I just think that it's such an incredibly sweet little scene between the two of them, so I wanted to post it.

And of course, the “symbolism” (as Angela refers to it at the beginning of next season) of Booth and Bones left at the alter when Angela and Hodgins leave, it almost way too obvious and tacky and over-the-top.

Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment