Tuesday, August 31, 2010

In Which It's A Guy Hug


Season 2, Episode 10
The Headless Witch in the Woods

Brennan: I sure know how to pick’em, don’t I?
Booth:Well, you know. Our perceptions are alway colored by what we hope and what we fear, what we love. We do the best we can.
Brennan: I’m afraid my best isn’t good enough. I can read bones, not people.
Booth: I don’t know. You had no trouble seeing through me (Brennan laughs then sorts her papers and stands up)
Brennan: It’s a good thing I like being alone.
Booth: You know what? Bones, you’re not alone. Okay? Come on (He tries to turn her around)
Brennan (turns around): Booth.
Booth: Hey, you’re my partner. Okay? It’s a guy hug. Take it.

GUY HUG, MY ASS.
One of my favorite hugs of theirs EVER.

But it's interesting that Brennan was about to read Booth so well. She was able to see right through him when it came to the Cam situation. She's getting to the point where she can't always read all people, like she can with bones, but if she really tries, she really connects enough, if she really cares enough to, she can read a person. Like Booth.

And the ascent keeps on going...

2 comments:

  1. 'if she really cares enough to, she can read a person. Like Booth' - because she is so close to him, imo. She would probably deny that but it's so very obvious to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, their closeness is definitely the main reason she could start to read him at this point.

    ReplyDelete