Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In Which We Have ALMOST too much mush. Almost.

Season 4, Episode 10
The Bone That Blew



MAX: You, are you, uh... Are you sleeping with my daughter?
BOOTH: No.
MAX: Why? Are you gay?
BOOTH: (amused) No.
MAX: Is she not attractive enough?
BOOTH: Bones is beautiful.



Oh, god, the utter seriousness in which he says “Bones is beautiful”... you're not fooling anyone for a second, Booth. Seriously.



BOOTH: Don't fire Max. Let him keep his job. You know, he's a teacher, he's not a janitor.
BRENNAN: I can't overlook the sanctity of the forensic lab, Booth…
BOOTH: Yeah, maybe you can overlook it for me.
BRENNAN: For you?
BOOTH: Yeah. Personal favor.
BRENNAN: What, like a partner thing?
BOOTH: Partner thing.
BRENNAN: (chuckling) I know you, Booth. You're trying to do me a favor by telling me it's a favor for you.
BOOTH: No. Mm-mm, no, I... I can't afford that school. I can't enrich Parker, not with the science thing, but... you can, MAX: can.
[Below, the cola shoots a stream directly into the air, raising up to the height of the lounge BRENNAN and BOOTH are standing in. Parker and MAX react excitedly.]
PARKER: Woah! Do it again? (to BOOTH) Daddy! Daddy! look what I did! I blew it up!
BOOTH: Yeah, I saw little man.
BRENNAN: Look at my dad!
BOOTH: Look at my little boy there with your dad.
BRENNAN: Okay. Yes. All right.
BOOTH: Thanks, Bones.



She knows you, Booth. And again, the fact that she not only “knows” him, but she acknowledges it, means a lot.



And yet, of course, it's a partner thing. Again. But really, I think with them, it's not so much what labels their relationship that changes so much as they change what the label of their relationship means. They're partners, and they'll always be partners. And, until they're together, that's all they'll be. But what “partner” entails changes with the progression of their relationship. Obviously, they do things for each other they probably wouldn't have done two or three years ago, and yet, they were “partners” then, and “partners” now.



And them two at the end watching his son and her dad, it's almost too much mush for even for my sentimental fluffy heart to take. Would-be grandson learning science from would-be grandpa.



Say it with me now:



AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting comment about the partners thing.
    I haven't thought about that.
    Carioca22

    ReplyDelete