Sunday, September 19, 2010

In Which She Likes The Cocky Belt Buckle

Season 5, Episode 3
The Plain in the Prodigy


Slow one.


BRENNAN: Hey, you're wearing your belt buckle again. Cocky.
BOOTH: Yeah. Ever since the whole coma thing, I just kept staring at it, thinking to myself, "Why would I wear something like this?"
BRENNAN: 'Cause you love it. You always have.
BOOTH: Yeah, that's what I landed on, Bones.
BRENNAN: Well, I'm glad you did. I like it. It's... it's Boothy.
BOOTH: Boothy?


I just love it when Bones uses imprecise language. It's so un-Bones-like.
And, moreso, I love that she makes a point to say she likes his Cocky belt buckle. :D



BRENNAN: I said that Michelle should wait until she's at least 17-and-a-half.
BOOTH: Is that how old you were?
BRENNAN: No, I was 22.
BOOTH: Twenty-two?!
BRENNAN: Well, don't..why do you sound shocked?
BOOTH: No, it's just...That's a good age. Twenty-two?
BRENNAN: It was an important decision. I gave it a lot of thought. I finally found a man who could provide a skillful introduction..
BOOTH: Okay, you make it sound like it was a class that you took. All right, you know, the first time you should be in love. You know, totally "goo-goo" for the other person.
BRENNAN: Were you when you were 16?
BOOTH: Well, part of me was.
BRENNAN: (she laughs) And if Michelle feels this way, do you think she should be having sex?
BOOTH: No, Michelle should not be having sex until she's 22.



And you know what else I love? Besides the whole thing with how Booth sees sex as an emotional act and Bones sees it as just sex? When Bones takes Booth's reasoning and turns it around on him. So great.

1 comment:

  1. She gave him this cocky belt buckle.
    I think she's trying to reassure herself that Booth is still the same guy too.
    Carioca22

    ReplyDelete