Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In Which We're Starting To Get Into Things


Season 1, Episode 11
The Woman in the Car
(first off, though, I just want to say YAY, I'm getting comments! Thanks so much to all who have commented. Even if I don't respond, know that I read EVERY single one, and that they are what'll keep me going through this incredibly long process, so keep commenting! And spread the link to the blog around the internet! :D)

NON B&B OBSERVATION:
Stacy: Well that’s exciting. Um, Dr. Brennan, your book has sold over three hundred thousand copies.  How do you juggle twin careers as a best selling author and crime fighting scientist?
Bones: Well, I do one, then the other.

I just love this line so much. Positively CLASSIC Brennan.

Irrelevant (well, none of it is irrelevant, but it's just that it's pretty self-explanatory) B&B thing I love: When Booth is egging her on from off-camera during the interview. Somehow, it's reminiscent of a pageant mom standing at the back of the room, trying to get her daughter to smile.

Bones: Surely KBC isn’t going to…
Booth: Bones, we don’t know who hired these guy. KBC, military, disgruntled share holders or it could be someone we haven’t even thought of yet. (She turns and stares at him.)  What?
Bones: You just told me not to jump to a conclusion.
Booth: No offense intended.
Bones: No, you were right! It’s just I usually get to tell you.
Booth: Well, our relationship has taken a whole new turn.


I spy with my little eye the beginnings of influence of Bones on Booth. The beginnings of markable progress in their relationship. Heehee.


Booth: You still glad you don’t have any kids?
Bones: Yeah. Why?
Booth: You looking at that boy and his dad. I just thought you would change your mind.
Bones: No. Still glad you do have a kid?
Booth: Gladder today then yesterday.
Bones: Doesn’t make any sense.
Booth: Yeah, it’s complicated.


And now, in mid-season, the differences are starting to be outlined even more, beyond the obvious ones. We're getting more into the character's traits and how those traits affect their relationship. In this case, it ends with an amicable agree to disagree, which is a good way to start with in showcasing their differences, since as we now know, not all of their disagreements end as nicely.

4 comments:

  1. 'Well, I do one, then the other.'

    That line cracks me up everytime.
    Your sooo right, Classic Brennan eh ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that 'pageant mom' moment too, especially when Booth starts to despair and puts his head down and rubs his eyes - great acting from DB.
    The whole scene illustrates Brennan's lack of social skills so superbly, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Great comment about the TV interview scene. The laugh-out-loud moment in this episode for sure.

    ReplyDelete