Thursday, August 26, 2010

In Which BONES PINCHES HIS CHEEK!


Season 1, Episode 14
The Man on the Fairway

Bones: Mm. Goodman has ordered me to investigate the other extra body.
Booth: Well then you better get on that. Next time you know, you miss me pick up the phone call me we’ll do lunch or something.
Bones: I do not miss you!
Booth: Yeah you miss me. C’mon.
Bones: I do not miss you!
Booth: Say it.
(A security guard walks in.)
Guard: Dr. Brennan, Agent Booth, you have a visitor. (he leaves)
Booth: You miss me.
Bones: No I don’t. (she walks out.)
Booth: You miss me. You miss me.

This is what I like to call “A classic example of cuteness in B&B bickering”.
And, of course, Bones being Bones. Of course she misses him, whether she's consciously aware of it or not. But she's sure as hell not about to say that she does, to Booth of all people.

And Booth knows this, which is why he makes a cute little taunting game out of it. If he didn't know it, it would just be awkward, and he wouldn't say anything.

Kane: He doesn’t know what it’s like to loose a parent you do.
Booth: (angry) You want to back down a jot there buddy?

Protectiveness Alert!
That's all about that, really.

Booth: How? Subtle psychological indicators, Bones.
Bones: I looked those up on the internet, body language, sweat, tonal quality, shifty eyes.
Booth: Hey you know what? I don’t go poking around your bones stuff, okay. Just leave the human stuff to me.

Again, as we've seen before, he's threatened by anything that would theoretically make her not need him someday, work-wise (as of now).

Bones: You ignore Zack to make him think that you’ve got some special bond.
Booth: Yeah but it works doesn’t it? I’m happy. He’s happy.
Bones: It’s not the truth.
Booth: But it works

Although they do have their common goal in their work, to find the truth, Bones has a bit more of a “mania” for it, as said in The Man on Death Row, than Booth does, since it overlaps more into her entire philosophy on life than it does with Booth. Hence, the conflict later, when Kane says, “Look, I’m like you.  I need the truth” to her, and Booth reminds her that he's a suspect. It creates two conflicting views of Kane for her.

FANGIRL MOMENT: AHHH, WHEN SHE PINCHES HIS CHEEK! <3<3

Bones: I wonder if you wouldn’t mind taking a look at this. (slides the file over to him.)
Booth: The file on your parents? Yeah okay.
Bones: Do you want to think about it? It’s a pretty big favor.
Booth: You’d do it for me.
Bones: Yeah, I would.
Booth: I’m proud you asked, Temperance.

I spy a relationship progression. They're doing things for each other now. Important things. Emotional things. Not only that, but they can acknowledge that they're at that level.

And we'll end with one more FANGIRL MOMENT: WHEN HE SMILES AT THE PICTURE OF HER AS A LITTLE GIRL!!! Makes me little fangirl heart melt. <3

1 comment:

  1. Loved the discussion about his treatment of Zack. And loved the Snow Patrol track midway.

    ReplyDelete