Monday, September 13, 2010

In Which They Gather Their Wisdom

Season 4, Episode 6
The He in the She



Ok, unlike the last episode, this episode really doesn't have all that much.
There's always something, though.



BRENNAN: Would you like me just as much if I were a man?
BOOTH: Oh, yeah, much better. I wouldn't have to be so polite and accommodating.



Uh-huh. Sure, Booth. Except, not really. You love that she's a woman. You love getting to be the “guy”. You said so two episodes ago. You're not fooling anyone, buddy.



RYAN: I think I should begin my first sermon to you as kind of an introduction. My name is Ryan Stephenson. I'm a child of man. I'm a child of woman. But more importantly, I'm a child of God, and as I look around I see others like me. We don't look alike. None of us look alike. On the outside, we are gay and straight, black and white, fat and thin, man and woman, saint and sinner. Should I keep going, or do you guys catch my drift? But inside...inside we are all the same.
BRENNAN: That is completely incorrect.
BOOTH: Not now, Bones.
BRENNAN: Our skeletons are wildly different or I wouldn't have a job.
BOOTH: Just listen.
RYAN: I am sorry that I didn't get to know my father--Patricia. But I hope I will find him...her...that redeemed human being...both in her old Bible (holds Patricia’s bible) and, more importantly, in you, the people who she loved.
BOOTH: Redemption through transformation, I get it. What do you believe in Bones?
BRENNAN: Always swimming with a buddy.
BOOTH: What?
BRENNAN: You gather your wisdom, I gather mine.
BOOTH: Okay.



Booth, the spiritual, Bones, the practical. As it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment