Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In Which Booth Is Going To Need A Flashier Tie


Season 2, Episode 14
The Man in the Mansion

BRENNAN: Why do you call your psychiatrist “Gordon Gordon”?
BOOTH: ‘Cause that’s who he introduces himself. You know: “Hi, I’m Gordon. Gordon Wyatt”.
BRENNAN: Like “James, James Bond”.
BOOTH: “Bond, James Bond”, not “James, James … James” … whatever.

Heeheehee. Oh, Bones.

BRENNAN: I slept with Sully last night.
BOOTH: Oh. I thought you already, uh …
BRENNAN: No. Last night.
BOOTH: Ah. It’s really none of my business.
BRENNAN: Except we’re partners.
BOOTH: Yeah, there’s that-
BRENNAN: And you... told me about your socks.
BOOTH: Mhm. Sex. Socks. Pretty much the same word.
BRENNAN: Do we have a case, or are you just visiting?
BOOTH: Yeah, I’ll fill you in on the way. It’s messy, better get some protection.
BRENNAN: Let me get my gumboots.
(Brennan leaves the office and Booth stands up, looks at his watch and begins fidgeting with his tie.)
BOOTH: Yeah. I’m gonna need a flashier tie.

Heeheehee. Oh, Booth.

Here's the thing with Sully, since we're smack dab in the middle of that arc: when these first aired, it seemed like in general, there was a HUGE anti-Sully sentiment, which I get. At the time. But it seems like even now, a lot fans still strongly dislike him, and that, I don't get as much. After what happened with Epps, B&B obviously weren't going to get together for awhile, and why should Bones be all lonely in the meanwhile? Besides, more relationships for Bones = more emotional development for Bones, which will make things easier in her situation with Booth (obviously not easy enough, as evidenced by her decision in the 100th episode, but she's getting there. She'll get there.)

And it's not like they're randomly put together or something, or they don't have any chemistry (like her and Andrew, yuck). Their chemistry is actually quite good.

Which, I suppose is why a lot of fans had a hard time swallowing it.
As did Booth, as evidenced by his need for a flashier tie ;)

3 comments:

  1. That "flashier tie" comment seems even funnier now that we know it was Brennan who (even if inadvertently) got him into the flashy ties to start with. And I miss them -- they were always more visible than the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to deslike every serious third parties.
    And there's no rational explanation for me to give. :)
    Carioca22

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have any great objection to Brennan having a relationship with someone else just didn't find Sully very attractive as a character. Hadn't connected that remark about getting a flashier tie with the 100th ep. until now, and yes it certainly makes it even more funny!

    ReplyDelete